Are you passionate about all things digital and social media?
AG Care is a growing Canadian brand that makes products that work, creates foundations for healthy hair and gives back. And we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Social Media to join our growing team!
The opportunity for you…
You will lead the strategic development of all organic social media channels with the goal of significantly increasing AG’s brand awareness and building community, connection and engagement. We’ve recently launched our new brand identity, introduced sustainable, refillable packaging and are now 100% vegan – now we need a social expert to help us spread the word.
Responsible for the creation and oversight of social and influencer strategies, vendor and tool selection, and team build - you own all things social media and influencer at AG. You are a digital leader, love creating compelling content and thrive on analytics.
With a flexible hybrid work schedule, AG works work 50% at home and 50% in our state-of-the-art facility. This position is open to remote candidates, but priority will be given to candidates based in the Greater Vancouver area.
- Own and oversee the delivery of AG’s social media strategy and channel mix
- Manage and assess vendors, tools and platforms as necessary
- Drive ongoing performance reporting, establish standards for measurement and draw actionable insights from past performance
- Identify and hire the right mix of social media roles at AG
- Lead and motivate team through performance management, coaching and development
- Serve as a strategic thought leader on all things social media and collaborate with senior leaders on Marketing and Ecommerce teams
- Coach and mentor Customer Experience team on social communication best practices
- Research evolving trends, best practices and tools for social media
- Be the super admin and own all social media channels, department tools and platforms
What you offer…
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of proven experience dedicated to social media with knowledge of best practices and strategies
- Minimum 2+ years of leading a team
- Strong content writing and editing skills
- Great understanding of social media landscape and online customer experience
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable working with varied audiences, including senior executives
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and organized planner with excellent project management skills
Working at AG...
Since 1989, AG has become a name synonymous with integrity and creating high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for six years in a row by Deloitte, AG’s culture is rooted in its values of collaboration, life-balance, diversity, and respect.
There are many new and exciting things happening at AG and our team is growing quickly – if you’re looking for growth potential this is the role for you!
AG creates high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Since 1989, AG Hair has become a name synonymous with integrity and a brand whose devotees can’t help but Use. Love. Repeat.
Every Bottle Counts. We’ve been building schools in Africa since 2008. Every time you purchase an AG Hair product, you also help empower girls. We donate a portion of each AG product sold directly to the AG Hair’s philanthropic charity of choice, One Girl Can (www.onegirlcan.com).
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Director of Social Media in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.