Do you have experience in designing and formulating high quality products? Are you passionate about combining science and nature?
AG Hair is a growing Canadian brand that makes products that work, creates foundations for healthy hair and skin and gives back. And we have an exciting opportunity for a Formulator to join our growing team!
The opportunity for you...
The Quality and Research & Development Department’s one part of a company-wide collaborative effort ensuring AG’s brand integrity, notably our made-without claims. You will develop new product ideas/concepts and refine existing product formulations that will provide consumer inspiring formulas and future growth for the company. Collaborating with cross-functional AG team members to bring products from initial concept, process and product development, scale-up to commercial production. This role will design, formulate and help commercialize premium, sustainable hair care products in line with AG’s clean beauty and responsible impact philosophy.
You’ll be responsible for...
Leading the formulation of new hair care products and reformulations of existing product
Establishing formula specifications, conducting stability studies, investigating and implementing new testing methods to substantiate ingredient performance and/or efficacy
Evaluating and/or developing new ingredients and technologies to create high quality formulations
Creating and maintaining documentation to develop and commercialize products (i.e. lab notebooks, specifications, technical test methods/data, etc); preparing and maintaining a master formulation list of formulas developed
Working with the Quality and Batching team to transition ingredients to pilot batches and full- scale manufacturing, including support during pilot trials or start of production
Identifying, interpreting and ensuring product and ingredient compliance with all applicable domestic and international regulations applicable to AG’s products and processes by maintaining current regulatory knowledge
- Providing technical information to marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing on matters dealing with the procurement of special materials, specifications and the integration of new materials and techniques
- Completion of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, cosmetic chemistry, or chemical engineering
- Minimum 5+ years formulation experience in consumer goods, with cosmetics, personal care, hair care or skin care experience
- Ability to work with a team to develop products from inception to market realization, not just modifications to an existing formula. Must create formulas based on new types of ingredients outside the bounds of known formulations.
- Working knowledge in physical testing and analytical methods
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills, independent thinker with the ability to “connect the dots” across previously unconnected ideas to create new combinations of ideas.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and requirements
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates employees to exceed expectations.
Working at AG...
Creating products that make a difference is no easy task, but at AG our people are hard-wired to do just that. Their passion, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit make it possible to produce, market and sell exceptional hair products every day. Every role is integral to the success of the company and every employee has the opportunity to see the impact their contribution makes.
The results speak for themselves. Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for six years in a row by Deloitte, AG’s culture is rooted in its values of collaboration, life-balance, diversity and respect.
AG creates high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Since 1989, AG has become a name synonymous with integrity and a brand whose devotees can’t help but Use. Love. Repeat.
Proudly made in Canada, our products are thoughtfully crafted and bottled at the source. Each stage of development occurs onsite at our FDA and Health Canada approved state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Giving back is the reward for our success and we are committed to making a difference on a local and global level. Each year, we donate product, food and financial support to organizations across our community. Since 2008, we have partnered with One Girl Can helping girls in Kenya harness their power to create gender parity and meaningful change (www.onegirlcan.com).
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Formulator in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.