Are you a creative self-starter and passionate about bringing design concepts to life?
AG Care is a growing Canadian brand that makes products that work, creates foundations for healthy hair and skin and gives back. And we have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our growing team!
The opportunity for you…
Be a key part of the Creative team and help translate brand strategy into engaging and thoughtful creative concepts, for both print and digital. You understand typography, information hierarchy, colour theory, composition and have the utmost attention to detail. You’re able to manage several projects simultaneously, while demonstrating a keen sense of urgency. You take ownership to drive projects to completion and have the ability to solve problems and recommend production/design solutions.
With a flexible hybrid work schedule, AG works work 50% at home and 50% in our state-of-the-art facility. You’ll collaborate with all members of Creative, Marketing, e-Commerce and Social Media to develop assets across all channels and establish AG’s brand consistency and visual identity.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer to understand all aspects of the project brief to interpret and produce the vision aligned with AG’s brand
- Design and concepts for marketing materials including but not limited to; brochures, posters, pop-up banners, tent cards, planograms, promotional packaging and ensuring files are Print-Ready
- Design and concepts for online campaign creative components such as e-blasts, web banners and other digital channels
- Layout design for incremental sell sheets, digital advertising, presentations and other requests for corporate (Sales, P&C, PR, Marketing, Education), salon and distributor partners
- Maintain consistency in AG’s signature design style in communicating key messages and brand identity
- Ensure projects are created to specification, delivered on time and without error
- Execute production of requested tasks from beginning to final stages including rounds of corrections in a timely manner
What you offer…
- Minimum 3+ years of professional design experience, preferably as part of an in-house team or agency setting
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Post-secondary education in graphic design/art, graphic communications or related field
- Strong editing skills – a keen eye for detail, artistic flair and excellent grammatical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Quick learner and open to new procedures and workflows
- Experience with motion graphics, videography and video editing an asset
- Experience in photo retouching and editing an asset
Working at AG...
Creating products that make a difference is no easy task, but at AG our people are hard-wired to do just that. Their passion, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit make it possible to produce, market and sell exceptional hair products every day. Every role is integral to the success of the company and every employee has the opportunity to see the impact their contribution makes.
The results speak for themselves. Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for six years in a row by Deloitte, AG’s culture is rooted in its values of collaboration, life-balance, diversity and respect.
AG creates high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Since 1989, AG has become a name synonymous with integrity and a brand whose devotees can’t help but Use. Love. Repeat.
Proudly made in Canada, our products are thoughtfully crafted and bottled at the source. Each stage of development occurs onsite at our FDA and Health Canada approved state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Giving back is the reward for our success and we are committed to making a difference on a local and global level. Each year, we donate product, food and financial support to organizations across our community. Since 2008, we have partnered with One Girl Can helping girls in Kenya harness their power to create gender parity and meaningful change (www.onegirlcan.com).
Please e-mail your portfolio, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Graphic Designer in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.